Wednesday, March 23, 2011

from PATTAYA TRADER 112 (B)

FLEURS DU MAL
Baudelaire you devil,
she knows you well.
You bring her heaven and hell
with your flowers of evil.
The stairs of the bordello climb.
Find she has rythm, you have rhyme.

WOODEN LOVER-MAN
The guy was just dead-wood.
She shook the splinters from her bed.
Yes the guy was just dead-wood
in body as well as in head.
How can you plan a family
when limp the branch on a tree?

OSCAR'S-BRAIN-DEAD-CHILD
He is pretty as a picture
and his drink is a mad mixture.
As to any sort of scripture
the dandy is a ditcher.
The guy's no Oscar Wilde,
he's Dorian Gray -  his child.

ON THE MATTER OF BRITAIN
King Elvis was in his Gracelands
while the kids were in their Wastelands.
Elvis could never be King Arthur
nor Arthur King Elvis for that matter !!

A-LAST-BRITISH-ROSE-IS-COLD-
CAST-OUT-SHE
With her green coat
and her red scarf
wrapped round her head
there in the wintry park
at a quick glance one supposes,
the old girl's the last of the English roses.

A STONY-BROKE-SNAKY-ROAD-DUO
Snaking down the long windy-road,
free of any burden, free of any load;
two beggars together, as broke as dry-stone.
One day they will build a castle of bone.

THE-CLOUD-DARK-RAINY-DAY-
AM-I-WHY-YES
Though I rain down,
I rise up again
in vapour and cloud.
I am the rain.

Though on the ground
I leave my stain
I nourish the soul.
I am the rain.

THE-TREE-OF-LIFE'S-LEAVES
A tree
reaching to eternity.
Countless lives like leaves
we see.
How many individual lives we?

YES-THE-NOW-SMUG-POOR-YOUNGSTER-
UPON-THE-STAIRWELL-HIGH
A kid on a stairwell said to me
"I hate people like you.
I've-got-matches-and-a-cable-tv."
What he meant I hadn't a clue,
but I told him I'd less than 50p.
That seemed to cheer him up, it's true.
Up-there-with-a-smug-smile-of-superiority.

FIND-THAT-THE-MOONLIT-WOLF-
GODDESS-AMANDA-HAS-GONE
I loved her once. The girl loved me.
To her every wish I would go pander.
Howl beneath the lovely moon would we,
but now it is I can no longer stand her
nor she me. What-on-earth-happened, Amanda?

SURELY-ANCIENT-LONELINESS-
IN-BEDSITLAND
There's the echoing silence
that's a mocking call
to all history's lonely-hearts
surrounded by-their-bedsit's-Ha-Ha-Wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment