Wednesday, March 23, 2011

from PATTAYA TRADER 110 (B)

IT'S-AN-IVORY-AND-A-HUNTER'S-
EBONY-HEART-VERSE
"The elephant might charge."
He didn't, now-you-see.
As the huntsman can tell,
"An elephant won't sell".
He took its tusks for free.

IT'S-A-SUNNY-YET-SAD-TIDINGS-NO?
Ship-mishapen a sandman stands
instead of a man of snow.
The gold sun won't melt the guy
but the tide will, we all know.

BEAUTIFUL-FLAME
Touched by your inner and outer beauty
he reaches to touch you with heart's-utmost-desire,
and buring more than just his fingers
a human-torch is the youth now on fire.

A DAWN DAISY
If only to awake
to a day that's new,
fresh as a daisy
in the morning dew

and see the world
on such a morn
as though I'd died
and been reborn

and did not know
how it would pain
my very soul
to live again,

when in due time
this thought I'd find
may not ease
a troubled mind.

SIAM SUNS
Here in the land of smiles
and the dragon on the wing,
wild blossoms are both my girls
and I a mountain king.

Free the doves from their cage,
see the tiger spring.
Mine is the elephant's memory,
and memory's song I sing.

Here in the land of smiles
and the dragon on the wing,
two suns of old Siam
are my girls Sa and Ping.

FIND-A-SUNNY-DAWN'S-CANNON-LIKE-BALL-
CAN-DWARF-COAT-BLOODIED-SOLDIERS
The fiery-cannonball
of a blood-red sun
turns the dark green lawn
a dawn-bright crimson
and the dark green leaves
of the huge-garden-tree
to red-coated soldiers find,
in their countless collectivity.

HOT-ACADEMIC-ARCADIAN-HILIDAY
In arcadia I hoof along.
Pure and simple is the shepherd's song,
like Pan-pipes blowing away
on this academy's sunny-summer-holiday.
Never before have I seen
such maidens float on the liquid-green.
Yes floating and dancing is their game.
Do unto me things I dare not name
lovely nymphs that you be
to my high-minded low-level philosophy.

No comments:

Post a Comment