Monday, March 21, 2011

for PATTAYA TRADER 127 (B)

BLANK
She put the pen
against her head
as though a gun.

Took a scrap
of paper. Wrote
'Alas and alack'.

And then it said -
there on the note -
'Bang !! I'm dead'.

BEDSITLAND
Wendy sits beneath the skykight
of her tiny bedsitting room
and looks up through the window
at the stars and at the moon.
Yes she sits under the window,
looks up at the moon and the stars
that seem to be looking down
on the earth and all its scars.
Now she, too, is a world away,
but it's not way out in space.
It is a world inside her head
that's a far-better and happier place.

COUP-GIRL-MINE-NOW-MAKES-
THE-NEW-SINGLE-ROOM-HER-OWN
I do not wear one but
imagine I'd just taken off my hat
when my girl said to me
"There's been a coup-de-tat."
I looked around the room.
She'd taken over my new flat.
"I'm in charge now," she said.
There'd been a coup-de-tat.
Yes just imagine as
I removed the hat from my head:
"Sleep on the floor, my pet,
I've taken the single-bed."
She even wore my men's trousers.
Glad I didn't check the page for houses !!

LOVE-LETTERS-AT-LOW-TIDE
Higher than where the cormorant builds a nest,
wide as the changing ocean blue;
deeper than a pirate's buried treasure chest,
rare as a poor seasick crew;
but just like writ on an old salt's breast
or in the yellow sand -  I love you.

BRIGITTE-BARDOT-BOY
I yearned to bridge it to Bardot -
cross over to her El Dorado -
oh yes the girl was all-gold
when I was only very young.
But Serge G. got the go-go -
ah yes it was so, just so -
and I'd have got the no-no
when boyish-my-English-tongue.

No comments:

Post a Comment