Wednesday, March 23, 2011

from PATTAYA TRADER 107 (B)

WANTS-TO-JUMP-A-JOVIAL-PIRATE'S-
ADVENTUROUS-BONES-SHE
She looks for a Jolly Roger
while out dating Tommy Todger
down by the darksome sea.
As small as he is dull
the thought entered her skull
just how exciting it would be
to meet a pirate tall,
tattoo, scar and all,
sail off into eternity.

At the cry of a parakeet
Scarlet is up on her feet,
down the stairs in a mad dash.
At the cry of a cockatoo
she is up and in her shoes,
out the door in a sword's bright flash.
At the twitch of a monkey's tail
the girl's out looking for a sail
and a pirate with a wicked moustache.

"In the darkling come to me
I will surrender myself to thee.
We'll up, up and away."
Oh what a harlot
is our young Scarlet
her elder sister was heard to say.

IT-IS-DOWN-CHERRY-ORCHARD-ROW-
NOW-RUNS-THE-PRESIDENT'S-DAMN-LIE
"I can't tell a lie," said he,
"it was I who felled the cherry-tree."
But indeed it was a lie
and as crumbly as cherry-pie.
No cherry-tree for which to be blamed,
a town had grown about Cherry Tree Lane.

"I cannot tell a lie," he said,
"it was I who put the tree to bed."
But it was a lie indeed
and nothing good comes of that seed.
A lie to make a president look true
obscures with cherry-trees a positive view.

No comments:

Post a Comment