Wednesday, March 23, 2011

from PATTAYA TRADER 110 (A)

YES-IT'S-A-THAI-LADY-LEE'S-LEAFY-FAN
I awoke to the morn with no alarm
but to the fan by a leaf from a palm
that was held within my lady's hand
as though it were a royal command.
Yet my lady, she is no girl-slave,
nor am I a king whom an order gave.
Though with palm-leaf of coconut or date
I sure do feel like a king on his estate.

STAR-BLUE DA
Oh Ladda,
I'd have climbed the ladder
in your stockings had you worn them.
Oh Da,
I'd have climbed as far
as your short skirt's hem
and then... and then...
But I surely descended that far
under the dark-night's bluest star.

THE-RATHER-GREEN-ENGLISH-NATION
Is it a green and pleasant land
or a damn mean and unpleasant land?
No wonder some of us, London-girl,
live in a dreamy Never Never Land.

HILLTOP-BUDDHA-PERSPECTIVE
Do not tire of the climb.
The view from here is sublime.
Open sesame. Ah, yes indeed.
Reveal the faith as in a mustard seed.
No walls, no roof to enclose.
Mount the steps like thorns to the rose.

YOUR WAY UP
Frank Sinatra does it is way,
though not many find they can or do,
while yet they sit down close and sing along
 as if as much to say "Up you."

NOT-IMPOSSIBLE
A green-as-a-goblin goddess,
legs long like a stork,
came to me via a dream
here in fairytale-city-York.

Yes a green-as-a-goblin goddess,
who'd a lunging-giant's stride,
came to me via a dream
and lay down at my side.

A green-as-a-goblin goddess,
West-white nor East-brown beauty,
came as from outer-space.
Did we make love? Possibly.

FEMME-FATALE-YES
Part-woman, part-snake
and part-vampire.
Serpent-queen-of-the-Nile
with a toothy-smile.
Cleopatra-type-beauty make
a damn-fool's heart burn-with-desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment