Monday, January 9, 2012

for PATTAYA TRADER (G)

AN-INTERNATIONAL-LANGUAGE-
IT-SURELY-IS
She said "You look rather young
having done the things you've done."
I told her "it's my French tongue."
"But you are English, an Englishman !"
"Yes English I most surely am,
though I'm not a one to shun
a language that turns women on
and that keeps this verse-poet young
by exercising my French tongue !"

A LADY DARK
Catching my eye,
a black butterfly
flutters on by,
makes me sigh:
what beauty she,
the dark-skinned lady.

ANT-ARMIES
As red and black
and white ants fight,
so men are reduced to insects
with their military might.

AN-ALTERNATIVE-LADYSHIP-
WAVELENGTH
I recall pirate-radio.
Music from a ship named Caroline.
How I loved that lady
who rolled upon the wavy-brine
and rocked the authorities.
She ruled the nineteen-sixties.

No comments:

Post a Comment