Monday, January 30, 2012

for PATTAYA TRADER 154 (B)

THE CONQUEST
I thought myself a conqueror.
How wrong can anyone be?
I didn't really conquer her.
Her beauty conquered me.

A PRETTY-PERCULATOR
I bought myself a coffee
down at the coffee-bar.
For the price of the coffee
I might have bought a full-jar
at the nearby supermarket -
but hey, there you are.
Don't begrudge yourself a cup
where the pretty-waitress perks you up !

SWEET NOT SOUR
With a bar-girl I found you.
She looked very-much like Lucy Liu.
And you were happy in that bar
with a girl looking like a film-star.
But back home in England,
no pretty-Thai to hold your hand,
you'll think she was a dream
as on the shiny-silver-screen.

THE-WHITE-CHICKEN-FEATHER-
OSTRICHES-FIND
Far too many damn ostriches
bury their heads in the sand;
put their heads down and under,
they won't make a stand
against the despotic-rule
of those who are in command.
Surely we are to gather
them types of a white-feather?

YES-QUEEN-VICTORIA'S-VERY-DARK-
AND-CONTRADICTORY-TIMES
The Whitechapel Murders
were such a bleak-outlook.
Where the Bobby-Peelers
to bring Jack-the-Ripper to book?
Victorian poverty was a fact
and Sherlock Holmes pure-fiction.
Gentlemen paid for prostitutes
then petitioned for their restriction !

No comments:

Post a Comment