Thursday, January 12, 2012

for PATTAYA TRADER 151 (C)

A-RIFLE-BARREL-FLOWER
I recall the old-London street,
the newspaper-mastheads of the Fleet.
And I recall the Ship-of-State
when I stood outside the palace-gate.
Gone the days of heady-hippidom,
but a flower, from a guard's gun,
poked its head, being placed there
by a girl, seemingly not aware
that such was no more the trend.
She could have been an older friend.

TALLULAH BANKHEAD
Tut-tut Tallulah,
was it tit-for-tat
you banked on your head
a fairly-ridiculous hat !

HEART-LEAP MINE
You're a ballerina burning bright
like a Will-of-the-Wisp in the night.
You're a dancer on tip-of-the-toe
and a firefly that's all aglow.
Prancing here, girl, prancing there,
my heart joins you in mid-air.

ANOTHER ALICE
Magic mushrooms in her hand
the girl found herself in Wonderland.
She shrank so small
then grew too tall
as if a fairy with a wand,
a wizard or witch on a broom
made the magic and not-the-mushrooms !

A-SAUCY-SOLICITOR
I shall be explicit,
the girl is one to solicit.
I know of a lawyer
who often does enjoy her,
and there's a policeman who
goes on social visits too.
She was in court yesterday,
had only a small fine to pay.
The magistrate said "On your way.
I'll visit you next Friday" !

No comments:

Post a Comment