Tuesday, January 10, 2012

for PATTAYA TRADER 151 (A)

FATED-TO-ABANDON-THE-PIRATED-
SHIP'S-BOARDS-FOR-THE-WATERY-
MERMAID'S-CHARMS?
Yo ho ho,
row boys, row.
Flee the sinking ship.
Wild winds blow,
the storm will grow
and waves go whip.
In this hail -
hard as nails -
we flee like rats.
Can no more dream
of lives in cream
we sea-booted-cats.
Down in the deep
awakes from sleep
the devilish kraken.
Sinks our world,
sinks our pearl,
boys we are forsaken.

Yo ho ho,
row boys, row.
Upon the rocks we've run.
Give me the charms
of a mergirl's arms,
my own world's undone.

THE-PRINCESS'S-SERPENTINE-
HAIR
Her hair is a cobra's coil
and then it's a cascade.
on sand, concrete or soil
she's a princess, no handmaid.
Girl, let down your hair
and I'll spy a waterfall.
Ah stack it up again,
snake your hair into a ball.

THE-TRUE-VISION-OF-MY-HOME-
COUNTRY'S-OWN-QUEEN?
You came to me in a vision;
yes I saw you in a dream.
It was then I made my decision
to return to England-now-not-so-green.
I turned my back on the sunshine.
I turned my back on the sweat.
Said goodbye to the Thai-girls so-fine
from Bangkok, Pattaya-and-Phuket.
Ah you came to me in a vision;
yes I saw you in a dream.
It was then I made my decision
to return to England ... and my queen?

No comments:

Post a Comment