Tuesday, August 26, 2014

for PATTAYA TRADER 240 (B)

AN-UNSOUND-WIDE-SEA
There is magic in the world.
There is also trickery,
and Prospero fell victim
to this very falsity.

The tide was to go turn
on Prospero's enemy.
He used magical spells
to return trickery.
What goes around comes back around
by sound device and not so sound.

WHY-THE-VERSE-POEMS?
The colloquial,
the vernacular,
lacks the music
of a poetic bar.

THE-FALSE-PROPHET-
AS-TO-A-MOSLEM-HOLY-WAR?
Enoch Powell,
a racist he?
Or prophet of
Old Testimony?

IN-THE-VERY-PRESENCE-
OF-THE-PAST
We go back years
both me and you.
From there to there
we're passing through.

We all travel on
from there to there.
The here-and-now, girl,
gets everywhere.

THE-HORNY-UNICORN-
LADY-RIDER !
It's called the 'unicorn-straddle'.
She straddled.
I was in the saddle.
I was saddled.
To the woman I was tied,
she wanted more than one ride !

THE-YORK-VALE'S-DISC-JOCKEY-
GOT-NO-DAMN-VALENTINE'S-CARD-
THAT-DAY-PERHAPS?!
For York's W.H. Smith
I was the very first
poet in residence
to write Valentine verse.

The local radio's D.J.,
who was no musician,
seemed to find it sad,
but verses are often fun.
Perhaps the talentless guy
just didn't get one?!

GEORGE FORMBY
Ee by gum !
find he looked rum
with his ukulele-strum.
He'd been cleaning windows?

On top form was he,
what did Georgie see,
rich and naked-young-widows?!

ON-THE-MUSICAL-
THE-KING-AND-I
I was no Yul Brynner
with my head of hair
but I was a king
while I was over there,

as well as a teacher
to the Siamese queens.
The ladies who waltz
into many-men's dreams ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment