Wednesday, August 13, 2014

for PATTAYA TRADER 237 (D)

FIND-THE-BLOWN-WOLF-KISS-
WHISTLES-YOU-CAN
Farewell dear Lauren,
find it is time to go.
Humphrey awaits you in the wings.
Sure is the end of the show.
Far away from me in England,
I put my lips together and blow.

A-SEA'S-DOMES-AND-A-MOON'S-BASES-YES?
One day it might damn well be
man dwells in cities beneath the sea,
under domes made of a glass
that wear and tear shall ever outlast,
as the world's oceans begin to rise
and reduce the landmasses in size,
or even bases upon the moon
will be built as man seeks more room
to live and to overpopulate,
repeat his follies as seems his cruel-fate?

REAL-HELLHOLERS
"Hell is other people,"
suggested Jean-Paul Sartre.
Sometimes the so-very-obvious
needs such a pointer !

IT-WAS-A-CURIOUS-CAT-
AND-A-REAL-DUMB-DODO
Curiosity killed the cat,
almost everyone's heard.
But naivety wiped out
the poor dodo-bird.

DECONSTRUCTION
I do not hold
with the clean slate.
Born to be bad
is the damn fate
of some it seems.
All worldly societies
carry the worst
criminal disease.
Not all societies
are the same,
so why is society
always fit to blame?

A-MOON-MADAM-MINE
Wax lyrical,
I am in tune
with the lady
of the moon.

Wax lyrical,
in tune I am
with a lady
of old Siam.

Red moon, red skin,
dark's the room.
Mine the lady
of the moon.

ROSEAPPLE-SAUCE
Catfish is an aphrodisiac?
Peeping tom spy us on our backs.
Chompoo I'd want to eat
without the fish that was our treat !

RAMBLING-DOWN-MEMORY'S-
LONG-ROAD-SO-I-AM !
Your name meant sweetbrier;
your name meant wild-rose.
You had chestnut hair -
colour of your mare -
and wore gypsy clothes.
Elgantine, ah Elgantine.
Irish-girl. Too old to be mine.

I AM A ONE !
I used to like
a drink or two,
and - you know -
many poets do !

I used to like
a girl or three,
and - you know -
it still suits me !

But now I drink
the beers less,
and longer love?
'twould be best !

MANY-VOICES-OF-ENVY-I-NOTE
There are many with nothing
envy those who do
and wish for them
to have nothing too.

They'll say that money
is not everything.
To me, find, it's not.
But THEY are lying.  

No comments:

Post a Comment