Thursday, October 17, 2013

for PATTAYA TRADER 198 (G)

MADE-A-RIGHT-OLD-CHARLIE-OUT-
THE-CHAPLAIN-THEY-DAMN-WELL-DID
Came the military chaplain in his jeep,
 regarding the boys as woolly-brained-sheep.
"Out of my way you flockers !" Beep-beep-beep,
"I want to park where you baa-baas keep
your supplies of food, your supplies of water."
The boys, who'd all slept with his daughter,
went to the market like lambs to the slaughter.
A she-wolf the chaplain's wife, nobody fought her
when there it was the war-boys caught her.

NOW-A-PAST-POETRY-PRESENTATION-SURE
I like the old poetics
of which the modernists disposed,
as well as archaic-usage.
To the past my door's not closed.
Alliteration and rhyme
you are sure to find I think fine.

SOWER-AND-NOW-REAPER
"Put the past behind you,
sure do not dwell.
Wise words, yes wise words,
we hear and tell.
But when the past
catches up with you,
it's for what you've done
not for what you now do.

THE-WINE-WITHOUT-THE-WHINER-I-HAVE
The girl liked to argue
and then make up.
For me it was bitter,
a poisoned cup.
A deadly thing,
further nail in the coffin.
Now alone am I,
and a sweet wine sup.

A BOOKPILE-PERSPECTIVE
You thought you'd an answer
until I came along
and posed too many questions
for you to depend upon
the reading of one book.
Girl go question everything.
Find more than one view
a hill of books can bring.

MORE-THAN-ONE-RIVER-LEADS-
THE-INDIVIDUAL-SOUL-HOME-
WITH-THE-SEA
When all are of one mind,
the same-same in the bind,
crammed onto an equal level,
no more talk of good and evil,
colourblind, dumb to free-speech,
deaf to what real-life might teach,
call it the grave of the dead,
not a reunion with a godhead.

No comments:

Post a Comment