Friday, February 24, 2012

for PATTAYA TRADER 157 (A)

ADVENTURES-IN-VERSE-AND-
A-FAR-OFF-NATION
I worked at the Post Office
and for the Steel Company.
I worked down a deep-mine.
It's a teacher you now see.
A teacher and a verse-poet
and a sort of wandering-gypsy.
Are you a free spirit, girl?
Girl, are you a spirit free?
Then go and pack your bags
and come a-wandering with me.
Carlton, Saltburn, York, Pattaya,
Bangkok, Middlesbrough; homes-to-me.
Yes I have lived here and there,
and in a land across the sea.
A gypsy-girl looked in my eyes
when I was on my mother's knee.
She said "One day, dreamy-child,
a venturer, too, you shall be."

AN-UNIDENTIFIED-FLYING-
OBJECT-MADE-ME-GLOW
Orange-spheres in old Siam.
Here we'd call them UFOs.
Monks say they carry the gods.
I'm not much of a holy-Joe,
but journeying from Bangkok
I saw from the transit-bus
a sphere wind through the trees
and yet keep-up speed with us.
What it was I do not know.
Flew an orange-object. All aglow.

A FUNNY-OLD-BUNNY-
YOU-WILL-FIND
Germaine Greer -
as we can see -
has gone from 'equal'
to 'superiority'.
I'd not call the boast
of the old-girl PC.
She feels like a dog -
even a rabbit yet -
whenever a man should
dare to call her 'pet'?

No comments:

Post a Comment