Saturday, September 24, 2011

for PATTAYA TRADER 145 (B)

SAX AGE
The young black saxaphonist
has got her swinging so.
She's the ageing white woman
and he's her gigolo.

Lift that sax young-guy
and blow, blow, blow.
She's the ageing white woman
and he's her gigolo.
Black-and-white," hear her say,
"becomes a lady who's going grey."

A DIETRICH DITTY
Sell me a Shanghai Lil.
Sell me a Marlene.
Sell me a Blue Angel.
I'll buy a cool screen queen.

Yes sell me a Shanghai Lil.
Sell me a Marlene.
Sell me a Blue Angel.
I'll buy a hot heady dream.

I'LL-CALL-YOU-VERY-
CRUEL-DEVIL
I want one-hundred-and-one answers
in this questionnaire-to-fill.
You see black-spots where are white-spaces.
You try on various puppydog faces
but I'm not licked Cruella Deville.
I want one-hundred-and-one answers.
Girl, I am ever given nil.
There's many ways to skin a cat
who has nine lives in one. In fact
I'm not so cruel you devil.

THE-COCKNEY-AUNT'S-
PORK-PIE-HAT
I'd a Londoner-aunt through marriage,
born within the sound of Bow Bells.
That's how you tell a Cockney.
Yes that's how a Cockney you tell.
She'd ring out with loud laughter.
With loud laughter she'd ring out.
Hers was the sense of humour
that Tony Hancock's was all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment