Tuesday, September 6, 2011

for PATTAYA TRADER 143 (A)

YES-IT'S-NOT-JUST-JOSEPHINE-
OCCUPIES-EMPEROR-NAPOLEON-
YOU'LL-FIND
Occupied with thoughts of occupation,
with his back to her stands Napoleon.
She tries to gain his attention.
Lo, it is not to be done.
He is far too busy Josephine.
How many times have her ears rung
with these words of her emperor,
the earthly all-poweful one:
"No not tonight my dear Josephine.
No my dear Josephine not tonight.
I have that much upon my mind.
I bid you a very good night."
There's many a woman gets in a rage
out her own sheer jealousy
of that which fills her man's mind
if it's anything other than damn she.
So emperors launch your warships,
send your soldiers to sea.
But sail with them sure do
or stay and face a lover's fury.

A RAILWAY-ROMANCE
It's a swift, if long, journey.
We will soon be there.
Wave goodbye to the station
and the home of Paddington Bear.
The sun peers through the window
with its golden-eyed stare
dazzled by the girl
with the equally golden hair.
Crosing the Thames Valley -
as in the age-of-steam -
we're like travelling gypsies
in a caravan all a-gleam
as we venture just like the river
and on to Land's End stream
now the train's bolted the station
like a carriage-and-horse-team.
From Paddington to Penzance,
we're on a journey of romance.

YES-FLAUBERT'S-GREEN-PARROTY-GIRL-
FIND
Girl, you are shattering my nut.
Why not try keep your beak shut?
You are wisecrack-squawking,
your parrot-green eyes are gawking
and your ruffled-feathers stay out-put !

IT-WAS-THE-PEACOCK-AND-
RAINBOW-PAINTED-PRINCESS
The man was a painter
and she a princess who
had him paint her body
like some folk wear tatoos.
He found her extravagant,
she found him expensive,
and when she asked why
he replied most pensive
"It's the people's taxes
pay for your colourful style.
You're a peacock, a rainbow.
I'm returner of the money-pile.
I come to you like a lover.
Your very body I caress
with the tips of my brushes
yet I bring a little happiness
and paint smiles on the faces
of the folk whose money I redress."

No comments:

Post a Comment