Tuesday, October 15, 2019

for MIDDLESBROUGH MAGIC SHIP 291 (D)

DIAGNOSIS: A DREAMER
The doctors say I've got it bad,
the nurses cry "how sad, how sad,
he's a romantic, that is for sure,
draw the blind, there is no cure."

My head upon the pillow I lie,
of this disease I am bound to die,
don't bring me fruit or the latest news,
let me wallow in my love-struck blues.

"Who is it did this ?" people ask
as the nurse applies the oxygen mask,
and though my life I'll one day lose,
I will forever love the poet's Muse.

LIVE LILLIPUT
There I was walking tall
here in the land of the small.
I viewed the markets of the mean,
shops and stalls were my every scene.
The little people of Lilliput
tried to bind me hand and foot
for being so big of such thought
as not to buy into and nor be bought.

THUMB TOM A LIFT
Tom thumbs for a ride,
towards him the motors glide,
but he is too small to be spied,
very minute.

Tom thumbs for a ride,
by him the drivers glide,
there is no space inside,
nor will they have him in their boot.

Tom thumbs for a ride,
past him the motors glide,
"Strangers today are just suicide."
The man gets the hoot.

SHIPPING-CAMEL AND
SHADY-OASIS COUPLE
As their ship of the desert
rests in the shade of the palms,
so she rests her head -
free from all harm -
on her lover's breast
and is thirsty no more.
Her man not a mirage
but a dream lover for sure.

WRITE OFF WAGTAIL
Once there were wagtails
but fast they have flown
now that the river
this brown has grown.

Once there were trout
and pike too were known,
a kingfisher perched
on tree-stump or stone.

Once there were fish,
once there were birds,
but all that is left...
these few words.

CASTLE CARLTON
Yonder side of York, between old Drax Abbey
and the cut by Snaith did my star first shine.
The dragonflies above the Carlton lily pond,
and under the sun's hot climb,
flit here, flit there, while fishes dart
here, dart there, in the village pond's slime.

Carlton Castle stood a fairytale far-side the trees,
at the age of four such magic was mine;
hermits, hobgoblins and witches of the wood,
swans that dove for the final time
when I waved my child's last farewell
in that place my star was to shine.




No comments:

Post a Comment