Wednesday, October 2, 2019

for MIDDLESBROUGH MAGIC SHIP 290 (B)

THE BRIEF WINTERLUDE THEIRS FIND
Theirs was a long summery love,
but came a short winterlude
when a stranger, the jealous kind,
was to turn up and intrude.

He could not get a girl of his own
and would try to come between,
or break up the young couples
that made the guy envy-green.

Theirs was a long summery love,
but came a short winterlude.
Try to make jealousy a stranger,
avoid a bitter fight or feud.

AN ARTWORK WOMAN
She is a colourful character,
with a body beautiful.
Both funny and serious.
Who can call her dull.
The girl is a painting.
The girl is a sculpture.
She is a work of art.
Fine-tuned by Nature.

DISCUSSING NEW APPLIANCE
"It's not the size that counts,"
said his new girl,
"it's how you use it."

"Both quantity and quality,"
replied her new guy.
She did not refuse it !

WORK FOR FREE !
Due to the unemployed
he has a job behind a desk.
If most were to find work
he might be on the dole next.
Not very many paid-jobs around,
though voluntary work is easily found !

TIGHT SCHEDULES ?
London, Oxford,
Edinburgh, Blackpool,
Paris, Amsterdam.
Feed me more fuel.

Bangkok, Pattaya.
Feed me to fly.
I like to get around.
Not the round you buy !

CURIOUS TOURIST ATTRACTION
Tourists' cameras snapped
as the pigeons crapped.
I stood in Trafalgar Square
like a cross, or a scarecrow
that did not seem to scare.

My hands held out pigeon beans,
pigeon crap on my jeans
and pigeon crap in my hair.
Scratches on my leather jacket...
birds settled on my arm wear.

Yes tourists' cameras snapped
as the pigeons crapped.
In Trafalgar Square I stood
like a cross, or a scarecrow,
or like a clown stuck in more than mud !

No comments:

Post a Comment