Monday, December 9, 2013

for PATTAYA TRADER 209 (A)

ALWAYS-ON-CALL-NOW-THE-GIRL-
WHO-SURE-SWIMS-ALONG-WITH-SHARKS
And so she swims
with the many sharks;
the pimps, the pushers.
Had a poster of Howard Marks.

"They were nice to me
at first," she says,
"but now I'm the one
who pays and pays.

Behind the smiles
lie the sharp teeth
that sink well in,
drag you beneath.

There's no getting out
when you're down deep.
I am up all night.
Find I just can't sleep."

LET-US-FALCON-LADY-
SKYFLY-DO
Peregrine girl,
lady falcon,
claw my back
with your talons.
With your talons
my back claw.
Let's both, lady,
upwards soar.

A-MERRY-MERMAID-AND-ME-NO
I hear there is poetry along the shore
yet I found dog turds, condoms and more.
I'd have got legless at The Ship Inn
with a mermaid and bottle of gin.
But no mermaid was beached there.
Poetry just wasn't in the cool-sea-air !

A-BENT-POLICEMAN'S-PIGGING-OUT-PARTY
Here in the Pig-'n'-Whistle
they hold the bent bobbies barbacue.
No one likes a bent copper,
but here there are twenty-two.
Two and twenty, ah two and twenty,
the boys and girls all in blue.
The landlord's a bent ex-copper also.
It is purloined-pork that's on the menu !

THE-DICTATOR'S-DEATHLY-CONTRACT
Forced marriage to a dictator-State
is like forced marriage to a woman or man.
Slave to one who commands the estate.
No divorce, or severage by a rescuing-hand.

THE AVATAR-VERSE
One may rise
to be a star,
but what is that
to an avatar?

To be a star
one may climb,
but it is within
an avatar shines.




No comments:

Post a Comment