Monday, August 22, 2011

for PATTAYA TRADER 140 (A)

PUNTER'S-PAST-ALBION-BOAT-SONG
I am with Mr.Sillitoe
when he writes of a-punting.
Through Blake's greener England to go
where the cruel have gone fox hunting.
To hear the wild birds sound,
see a sedge-warbler or a buntin.
Yes I am with Sillitoe
when he writes of a-punting.

I am with Mr. Sillitoe
when he writes of a-punting down river.
Through Blake's greener England to go
in Britain's far sunnier weather.
To hear the wild beasts sound,
see the odd mink or rarer otter.
Yes I am with Sillitoe
when he writes of punting down river.
City boat-racers hear my song,
I am punting for far-away Albion.

THE-PIPE-SMOKING-PIP-
HE'S-CALLED
He smoked a pipe
when but a kid
and so grew up
he never did.
It stunted his growth
and now is he
not much higher
than is my knee.
He's more of a nettle
than he is a tree,
and folk round here
call him Pippy Pipey.

THE LESBOS ISLE LADY
Was the poetess Sappho
a female homo?
Was she a lesbo?
Her island's name sure says so !

No comments:

Post a Comment