Thursday, September 10, 2015

NOLAN NOTE 3:

Coleen (Nolan) was staying at The Highfield (hotel) on Marton Road, Middlesbrough, in the late 1990s with a very young McFly. As I say below, McFly were already gigging around Teesside, it is a myth they first formed in 2003 as a biography would have us believe. A journalist recognized Coleen, but Coleen insisted she was Jones not Nolan. A fight broke out. The journalist was evicted. Coleen came down to Saltburn with the boys. I was asked to go back to the hotel after we'd had a drink, but I thought she meant The Queen pub which had been a hotel, in Saltburn, where Saltburn resident Dougie drank. I said I'd just left there (Dougie would move again a little later to join McFly in their own  home area). She made a comment I mistook and was too shy to ask. She went for a taxi. Two nights later she turned up in Saltburn again with musician Ray Fensome on her arm. He would become her future husband. They'd met at The Highfield, and now had found a room in the Queen Pub, Saltburn. She'd also been after a job around Middlesbrough, but it didn't work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment