Monday, September 30, 2019

for MIDDLESBROUGH MAGIC SHIP 289 (F)

A-SLEEPLESS-SHE-SHARK
And so she swims
with the many sharks,
the pimps, the pushers.
Had a poster of Howard Marks.

"They were nice to me
at first," she says,
"but now I'm the one
who pays and pays.

Behind the smiles
lie sharp the teeth
that sink well in,
drag you beneath.

There's no getting out
when you're down deep.
I am up all night.
Find I just can't sleep."

OLD-WIVES'-TALES-VERSE ?
They say that sharks
don't really kill,
it's fish-wife tales
that linger still,
but then go say
that in the deep
sharks can attack you
while in their sleep !
Oh save us, save us all
from the quacks.
From egghead experts
cuckoo brains shall hatch !!

TO A WAIST DOWN
NAKED AM I
Long and slender as a mast,
veins knotted like a cat-o'-nine,
naked down to the waist,
I drink in the brine.
Jaunty as a jolly Jack Tar
I seek a good time.

The ladies see me swagger
while men cry "It's a crime."
But naked down to the waist
with no sun to shine,
bare below the navel-button
I seek a good time.

Long and slender as a mast,
veins knotted like a cat-o'-nine,
I'm naked down to the very waist,
my shirt is on the washing line.
Now sick as a pirate's parrot
I seek a good time.

BY HELEN'S BEAUTY
A BOY'S HEART BREAKS
Hot on the heels of Helen,
for her burns the zealous boy,
aflame is the city of his heart
like another Troy.

Hot on the heels of Helen
he yearns for the dear lips
of the young reborn queen
whose face launched
a thousand ships.

Hot on the heels of Helen,
for her burns the zealous boy.
Razed unto a ruin,
how beauty can destroy.

No comments:

Post a Comment