Friday, November 18, 2016

for MIDDLESBROUGH MAGIC SHIP 270 (C)

THE LONGER LASTING MUSE
For the Muse of all my muses;
to the Muse I do now address;
you've been the most enduring.
You're this poet's gifting goddess.

ITS WANDERING MINSTREL'S TUNE
ON HEART-STRINGS MINE
Home is where my heart is.
So it be I may roam,
to settle down where I wish.
My body is my heart's home.

CARRIED TO HER CASTLE ?
The girl was against the rich
till she won the Lottery.
Now she's a right royal bitch
when in poorer company.

Work was for the damn-fools
whose taxes paid her bills.
She'd never worked since school
and now she never will.

LOFTY LINES ?
I know that you
think me aloof,
but, young lady,
where is your proof ?

Perhaps my head
is in another land,
you by my side,
your hand in my hand !

ADAM'S-ARTY-EYE-
AMIDST-A-GARDEN'S-BIG-TREES
Eve's in the garden.
Find her naked form
his eyes - with leaves -
Adam won't go adorn.
Hers is such beauty
and there he sees
that Eve's not wood
to cover with leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment