Monday, September 19, 2016

from MIDDLESBROUGH MAGIC SHIP No. 48 (Autumn Special 2016)

Auf Wiedeshen, Pet was partly filmed in Middlesbrough, Jimmy Nail and company drank in the Captain Cook pub close to the Transporter Bridge. Gate of Eden, God on the Rocks, Heartbeat, Inspector George Gently, did some filming in Saltburn. I met the star of 'Eden' who went on to play Herr Flick in 'Allo 'Allo!, and got the support of the heartbeat team over my campaign to restore the Victorian pier to its full-length. 5000 signatures, however, did not sway the local council in partnership with Saltburn Improvement Company. But I did get reopened a vital footpath down to the beach which had been closed illegally, and I and a lawyer who then befriended me exposed corruption in the town and prevented the Valley Garden being defaced. The Black Adder star, Rowan Atkinson, was greeted by me and a couple of others in the Valley Garden. It was rumoured his mother was residing in Saltburn for a while.  Cheers, mateys. Captain Mark, 17/9/2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment