Wednesday, August 2, 2017

for MIDDLESBROUGH MAGIC SHIP 279 (B)

AN APPLE OF EYE MINE
I'll be straight with you, girl,
for I'm a straight guy.
You are the apple
I target with my eye.

Call me William Tell,
call me Robin Hood.
I'm straight as an arrow
from a bygone greenwood.

TEN DOWNING STREET UPPITIES
Servants of the people ?
It's very much a con.
They act as if our masters.
They lead us all on.
They live in number ten,
think they're number one.
Up the garden path we go.
Downing hasn't a garden though.

RESPONSIBLE RESPONCE
"Somebody should do something,"
you'll hear people say,
not wishing to do it themselves.
Do it yourself, they turn away,
you get no support.
Grudging will be their thanks,
and if you do naught,
perhaps it's what they deserve
for their very lack of nerve ?

ROUGH-TRADE ROY
IS A NON-STRAIGHT BOY
There goes the guy,
he's the robber Roy,
black and blue bruises,
a back street boy
who's on the game
as well a stealer.
Rough and ready trader,
part-time drug-dealer.

No comments:

Post a Comment