Monday, March 17, 2014

for PATTAYA TRADER 222 (A)

THE-VERSIFIER-TRAVELLED-TOO-LADY-
AS-YOU-HAD-FORESEEN
The gypsy-girl at the door,
when I was a child of four,
in Carlton close to Drax -
that was named after Dreux? -
owned by the family De Bruc.
She said the forces there
helped to make men aware
and that a poet I would be,
but then would turn the sea
after I had journeyed afar
in the following of my star,
new direction take my pen
first learnt by a fairy glen,
and close to a fairy dell
my words cast, my words spell
would I. What was her name
who foresaw me by Gypsy Lane?

DEAD-SID-AND-NANCY
Low-down was Sid
and low-down Nancy.
He a Sex Pistol
and she a groupie.

The both of them
would get to blows
only for low-down Sid
to suck Nancy's toes.

Sadomasochism?
Opium poppies danced.
High on heroin they.
Dead flowers of romance.

LOW-DOWN LIARS
They smile too much,
say "Trust me, trust me, trust me."
The smiles a damn mask,
their words are a fallacy.
Unhappy liars these folk be.

A-BLUFF-PIPE-PUFFER
Ah, clouded by smoke the pot pipe dreamer.
He sure is having a very high-time.
Thinks he loves everyone and everyone him, the smoker.
Oh yes, he is feeling ever so fine.
And while he chain-smokes the stuff
who can challenge his intoxicated bluff?

No comments:

Post a Comment